Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Darling Penelope

I had posted this photograph of sweet Penelope emptying my pen mug. Penelope took each item out the the mug and dropped it into the waste paper basket. Fortunately, I watched this going on and was able to retrieve every item before emptying the whole basket into the trash can. I thought, at the time, isn't she a sweet, clever, little, dear for doing such endearing habits. Since that time, I have gotten to know her a lot better. I mean a lot better. I don't deny that she isn't sweet or beautiful. She is all that. But she also gives Chester a hard time, bosses him around, chooses the best of the food, demands that I cook chicken for her, meows for 1/2 & 1/2 (and gets it!). She is a girl that knows her own mind.

This is what I found her doing this morning:

There was Penelope, pulling all the pins out, one by one. Fortunately, I found all the pins and safety pins on the floor (I hope). She was really enjoying herself. I was terrified. My pin cushion is now safely tucked away in a drawer.
Oh well!!

1 comment:

beadbabe49 said...

I love your penelope! She must be related to our sumi (who also pulls pins out of pincusions and scares me to death sometimes!)