Monday, March 16, 2009

The Cookie and the Kitten


Last thursday night I went to the dog Club meeting. A lovely lady brought this wonderful cookie. They were so good I asked for the recipe. Then she offered me some to take home. I have been squirelling them away and eating one a day. They are that good!


But everytime I take one out of the refrigerator, no matter where he might be, Chester smells it. Then his panther imitation begins. I have hid it in my pocket, put it in the cracker box, repeatedly thrown him off the table and even locked him out of the room. I don't know what he finds so attractive about these cookies but he is a total pest.


P.S. I think I agree with him, they are that good.


Guilt Free Cookies by Barbara Karoff

1/2 cup dried apricots, cut up

1/2 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup dates, cut up

6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate

1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats1 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 egg, lightly beaten

1/2 cup canola or safflower oil

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In small nonreactive saucepan combine apricots,raisins, dates, orange juice concentrate. Simmer 10 minutes and let cool.Combine oat, flour, salt, baking soda in large bowl. Add egg and oil and mix well.Stir in cooled fruit and seeds. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten with spatula to 1/4 inch thickness.Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on rack and store in airtight container

No comments: