Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good Morning Sunshine















I wake up to this painting each morning. I have purposely hung it opposite my bed. When the early morning sunshine comes in from the east, it is truly magical. There is something about the gentle morning sunshine that illuminates this wonderful, colorful painting. I was drawn to it because I see it as transformation. Transformation is something we are all drawn to, even if it is just only in the balancing of our checking accounts. It is in the little things of life that add up to a comfortable whole.
I have photographed this painting in all the lights of yesterday and until the sun was setting, I got reflections. The colors are very bright and true, something which I was not able to capture without lots of reflections.
The painting is acrylic on Masonite, 22 x 22, by Patrick Dennis Sieler.

3 comments:

laura capello said...

oh wow, i love that painting too

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like it as well...the hands say so much! High Spirits!

Phyllis said...

I would love to wake to this every morning. There is so much richness and many stories here.