Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pippie Longstocking - My Version



On Monday morning, I was asked to help with Pippi Longstocking for my granddaughter, Lucy. I was very enthusiastic about this change of costume. It was a "dead cheerleader". She is only 6, going on 7 and "Grandmother" approves of Pippi Longstocking! This little apron took yards and yards of bias seam binding, which I was able to make with my Clover seam binding gadget. Really the most inventive little sewing aid!
I had to put this over three days, as I ran back and forth to the shop. And then about 1:00 Wednesday (today for me). I realized that she needed this for school on Friday. I stopped answering phones and just worked. But it is going out today by UPS. I can now breathe easily. All is well in my world!
Here is a cute Utube of Pippi Longstocking!

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Adorable! Did you hand stitch part of the binding? How cute she will be. You will have to post a photo. What a good grandma you are. Sometimes it is a relief to not answer any phones and have a good reason to do so.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Let us know the great Halloween adventures with the greatest costumes...lucky children!

patrice said...

I would have loooooved that costume!
Adorable...