Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Light Hearted Tuesday

Since childhood my sister and I made our own Christmas cards. It just seemed like the thing to do. It meant that we really cared about our warm wishes for a wonderful Christmas. I still remember our discussion about it. I would imagine had an adult listened to us that would have thought those young people were a little to full of themselves but we did make them and send them.
The other thing we did was to never show or discuss what we were going to do so that when we showed our completed card to each other, we were able to enjoy the effort.
In later years I stopped doing it because I had no time left in the day but Annie kept up this lovely tradition.
The date I wrote on the back of this card is 1999. It is a special card by the date alone. But it also shows my sister's sense of humor and her involvement with stamping. Also, it shows her lovely hand writing. That is something of which I was always envious.

4 hours later: The mind is a funny thing. It meanders a path and finally comes up with a coherent thought. When I awoke today, I knew it was my sister's Birthday but it was not a conscious choice to put one of her cards up today. But I am awfully glad I did!

2 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

well, tell your sister with the great sense of humor she has birthday wishes from me...

Phyllis said...

You have so many special memories of your sister. Yes, it is funny how our minds seem to take us to a place where our hearts are waiting for us to arrive.