Saturday, December 5, 2009

Please Meet Shaw




I found a new friend for Frida. Frida doesn't know if she really, really wants this. Frida is a very friendly dog and adored Simon. And she has been lonely without a dog friend.
I went on line and looked for a friend. I found this fellow a few miles from me. I made an appointment to see him and then when I saw him, I realized that he really needed a home.
They told me that they found him on the streets. From the look of him, he had been on the street a long time. He is thin and needs weight. He must have been on the street during the summer months because the flies have eaten off the top of his ears. It is not pretty and because of that, I felt that he might have a hard time finding a home. Other than his ears, he is absolutely handsome. He has a potential of about 100 pounds but he is not that now. He is bigger than Frida but very thin. He will be fun to feed. He is not trained, so I will have to work on that as well.
So far, he is a love and Frida, I sure, will love him.

4 comments:

patrice said...

I think Frida's gunna love him!
He's handsome.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that he's a terrific companion to you both and a great protector.
Yeah Shaw!

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

Oh what a sweet face! Such a beautiful fellow...I'm sure Frida will soon enough enjoy her new friend...it will take time...I always say, it's good thing people have two hands, one to pat each head!! :)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

He looks handsome to me...he will get the best of care and food for sure!

Phyllis said...

I love people like you that search for animals that need homes, the ones who have been neglected, or worse, abused. Hats off to you! A million of them!! He looks like such a sweety and I am sure feels so happy to be in a loving and caring home. I will be curious to see how he adjusts to such immense love. No doubt it will be one of those heart stories. I am so happy for you.