Monday, April 4, 2011

Where the Air is Rare!


This photo was taken by my Darling Niece at a restaurant last week. We weren't going to have our yearly celebration of her birthday this year because both of us were on other planets. But since we saw the light and the need, it happened. Two days before she arrived all arrangements were made.
We were on the go from the time she arrived till the time she left. We had a wonderful time. We went to this lovely home in Bel Air that had been turned into a museum. The Patron of the Arts was Frederick Weisman. Every wall had a painting on it. There were Picasso's, Giacometti's,Pollock's, Rothko's, and the one that took my breath away (if I could have fit it into my car, I would have walked out with) Clyfford Still. The tour took two hours and required a reservation. Well worth going to and seeing again. The art is really ART. The statues outside were fantastic. There were several Henry Moore's, and Calder. Unbelievable that Weisman was able to collect all these objects in one lifetime. Also, there were several portraits of Mr Weisman and his wife by Andy Warhol. I can't remember all there were so many and this home is on the west coast, there is another at the University of Minnesota.
We made trips to art stores, we went to FIDM. We went out to eat, and eat and eat. One of the really fun eating experiences was the first night. My son and family joined us at a new restaurant in Gardena. But the twist was their use of public transit. They wanted to see if they could come to my area on the Metro. We all got a little mixed up but finally we found each other.
The restaurant is Italian and children friendly and the food is very well prepared and delicious.
We are planning out next adventure already. The air is very rare when I am with my Darling Niece.
Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie!!

3 comments:

Red Cat Cards said...

So good to see you through the picture, Pat ! =)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

What absolute fun! I love your happy smile!

Phyllis said...

What a wonderful photo! Also sounds like a great museum visit.