Thursday, November 18, 2010

Petit Point and Corduroy

I do have a lot of enjoyment from making purses. But since I always make a challenge for myself, they sometimes take longer than I expect. This one did. As I go along the path of constructing a purse, I find that I don't have all the supplies that I think I need. This time, I found that I did not have the small magnetic snaps that I wanted (and needed) to use for the petit point pockets (there is one on each side of the purse). So I had to order them. While I waited, I made the Gypsy purse. And then, I needed to make a Halloween cloak.
Then I couldn't find the chartreuse zipper for the opening and I had to dye that. Of course, since I enjoy all these interruptions, it fits in with the master plan. Well, it is now altogether and I am happy with the outcome. This is the last of the petit point fabric that I stumbled upon.
I have lined inside with chartreuse Satin and there is a small petit point pocket, as well as two Satin pockets. The straps are braided fabric cording.
It measure 14" across and 11" high.

6 comments:

patrice said...

Is this that lightweight fabric that is really soft?
I like the paths that a project will take you on from start to finish. It certainly isn't a straight line.
xo
P-

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is another beauty in style and color. I like going for a creative ride...why just move straight when the real joy comes from discovery and challenge.
I'm taking a break on blogging but not from your site or Patrice.

Pat said...

Hi Patrice, The corduroy is really upholstery fabric but it is so soft that I keep wanting to touch it.

Pat said...

Hi MaryAnn,
I sure do appreciate the comments that you leave. The challenge and the joy is a gift that keeps on giving, isn't it?

Phyllis said...

Such a beautiful bag and colors. I love the petit point. Sometimes projects take way too long, and then I lose interest. Looks like your patience and diligence have served you well.

Phyllis said...

I just looked at your shop. Wonderful!! I sent you an email awhile back, about ten days ago, about a comment that you left on my blog, but it was returned undeliverable. I am wondering if you have changed your email address. I will be back to visit your shop soon. So glad you are doing this. You have such talent for these beautiful things.