Monday, April 16, 2012
The "Thrfted" Dress
I came into a few men's Tee Shirts and instead of giving the away or cutting them up for dust clothes. I decided to see if I could re-use them. I chose the Tee Shirt that had the least wear to use as the body of the dress.
There is enough room at the top of the shirt for a girl's dress. It would be a very short dress but I wanted to add ruffles on the bottom. I added two layers of ruffles to give a little flippy attitude and a little more length.
I used the sleeves of the Tee Shirt for the binding on the neck and sleeves.
To get the amount of gathering for the ruffles, I cut two pieces out of the orange and the ochre.
I chose to do this while I wait for the handles for my Japanese purse. Hopefully it will arrive soon.