Thursday, April 12, 2012

This is my WIP

I have been working out ideas in my brain for an everyday kind of purse.  And since I live in Gardena, I have been very influenced by the Japanese that have been here for ages.  There are many stores and restaurants, so the culture is all around.  I love the fabrics.  I made a robe for my darling niece last year from quilted fabric from Japan.  But I wanted to use something more traditional.  I patrol the Japanese fabrics that are posted on ebay.  And a while back I bought a sample grouping of about 7 swatches.  The swatches measure approximately 13" x13".  These swatches were cut from vintage Kimonos.  I sorted everything out and put aside the orange and brown that I want to make a quilt from and these pieces are "remainders".

I have cut these into smaller pieces and it will be pieced and quilted.  I am working on it and as usual, I have come to a slow stop because I need a piece that must come from Australia.  But I am so excited about where I am now that I had to take a photo of it.

1 comment:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Oh, I just know this project is going to turn out so so perfect! Wonderful fabrics Pat!