Friday, January 23, 2009

"My" Purse


Every purse that I design usually starts out as a new purse for me. Now that said, I haven't made a purse for myself in three years. They always start that way but I veer off and they land in someone else's hand. This particular purse I assured myself that I would finish and use. It was designed very carefully, it had all the details that I wanted and needed. The outside fabric was good to the touch (I am a toucher and I like and respond to the feel of a fabric), I went on "ebay" and found just the right carving for the outside, the lining was silk and had plenty of pockets for cell phone, keys, glasses. It all came together just as I imagined. It almost happened to be "my" purse but then a wonderful lady in New York came into the picture.

No comments: