Monday, June 13, 2011

I Hope That This Will be a Teenage Dream

This is for a young girl just becoming a "Teenager" (she is my Great grand niece). Her birthday is this Friday. The fabric was given to me and it is an Acrylic with silver metallic threads. I used a top gathered piece which layers over the body of the skirt and underneath there is a skirt of silver lame'. My camera will not pick up the beauty of the lame'. I put in a pocket instead of a zipper and I think that that makes it more interesting. To finish the edges, I used black gros grain.
One of the things I experienced was how heat sensitive that the fabric is. Initially, as I was ironing out the wrinkles, I practically melted the fabric. The iron was on the "silk" setting. Fortunately it was at the beginning of the cut!

This is a close up of the fabric. I like the fabric. My main concern is, will she?

1 comment: